Wuhan was ranked as the top domestic travel destination to visit after the novel coronavirus pandemic ends, according to a study conducted by China’s tourism research center. The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences Tourism Research Center received 15,163 questionnaires as part of their April 28 study asking Chinese citizens where they would most like to travel. The city of Wuhan, located in the Hubei province in Central China, ranked first among all domestic tourist destinations, despite being the origin of the novel coronavirus pandemic back in December 2019 that has led to over 3.2 million confirmed cases around the globe and over 334,000 deaths attributed to the virus. Wuhan surpassed Beijing for the top spot after coming in eighth in an earlier study. Chingqing was ranked third, followed by Shanghai and Xiamen. The study also stated that while many people have already canceled any plans to travel domestically, about 72.4 percent of those surveyed said their travel plans are still intact. People are actually expected to take about four trips on average this year, as opposed to about two trips on average in 2019, according to the study. Those who want to travel to Wuhan said they would like to… Read full this story
- 'Germany is Europe's top cultural travel destination'
- Bad buildings - Nazi architecture and tourism
- Holiday danger map reveals the riskiest – and safest – countries Irish people love to travel to
- Susanne Eckes on normtrotters, drones and zero-waste tourism
- A crowded paradise: New Zealand's tourism boom faces backlash
- European travel firms struggle amid Egyptian unrest
- Cuba's tourism industry put to the test
- Tourism pushes Thai economy forward - but for how long?
- Morocco to boost stagnant tourism
- Will accepting payments in yuan lure Chinese tourists to Cambodia?
Wuhan Ranks as Top Domestic Travel Spot to Visit After Coronavirus Ends, According to Chinese Tourism Research Center have 275 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.