close Video Former clerk trusts Judge Kavanaugh ‘without reservation’ Justin Walker, former clerk for Justice Kennedy and Judge Kavanaugh, dismisses suggestion that Brett Kavanaugh’s public show of support for women is disingenuous. Judge Justin Walker, who was nominated by President Trump to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia early last month, will appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday for what will likely be yet another contentious hearing over a Trump judicial nominee. Walker, 37, currently sits in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky and would join what is widely considered the second most powerful bench in the United States. That is because the D.C. Circuit regularly handles high-profile appeals related to the federal government bodies that reside within the nation’s capital, so its rulings have the potential to affect all Americans more than any court in the U.S. besides the Supreme Court. MCCONNELL SAYS ‘PANDEMIC WILL NOT PREVENT’ CONFIRMATION OF JUDGES The D.C. Circuit is also considered a feeder bench to the Supreme Court. Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Antonin Scalia, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and John Roberts all previously were members of the D.C. Circuit, as was late Justice Antonin Scalia. Additionally, Walker would join former President Barack Obama’s final… Read full this story
- One of these three conservative white men could be Trump's Supreme Court pick
- Herschel Walker Is Losing His Black Friends Over His Support for Trump
- Exclusive – New Mexico House GOP Candidate Claire Chase Called Trump ‘A**hole Unworthy of the Office’ of President
- Who Are Trump’s Top Supreme Court Contenders?
- Neil Gorsuch is Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee. Here's what you need to know.
- Don't go as Donald Trump for Halloween
- 5 Reasons I Hope Donald Trump Doesn’t Get Impeached
- News Overload Is Perfect for Donald Trump
- Walker Stapleton picks former Navy Top Gun pilot as GOP running mate in governor's race
- GOP Leaders Blast Trump For Attacks on Khan Family—But Still Want Him to be President
Who is Trump's DC Circuit nominee Justin Walker? have 332 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.