Students of state-run schools in West Bengal are likely to attend classes on alternate days after they reopen, in order to observe social distancing norms.The schools will be asked to follow an “alternate model” and the department will ensure that classes take place adhering to social distancing norms, Education Minister Partha Chatterjee told reporters on Thursday.Asked to elaborate on the “alternate model”, he said details of it would be informed later.The alternate model envisages one set of students of a particular class will attend school on every alternate day, a source in the education department explained.To a question, Chatterjee said state-run schools are slated to reopen after June 30.Private educational institutes are free to follow this schedule or they may go by their own timetable, he said.However, the minister hinted that he expects private schools will follow the governments decision.“If a state-run school and a private school are situated in the same locality, the same yardstick should be applied to both, as students of the same locality will face similar situation,” Chatterjee said.He had announced on Wednesday that state-run schools will open after June 30 instead of June 10, as stated earlier, as many schools will… Read full this story
- West Bengal Assembly election: War of words intensifies as BJP's Suvendu Adhikari says 'will defeat Mamata Banerjee or quit politics'
- Thin attendance on day one of school reopening for classes 10, 12
- Over 60% students attend classes in Erode
- TN: Schools reopen for class 10th, 12th in Chennai today after a gap of over nine months
- As schools reopen for Class 10 and 12, are you ready to send your children back to school?
- Students in Italy Protest as Schools Reopen
- Ensure pandemic SOP after resuming on-campus classes, CISCE tells schools
- 'I Am a Little Nervous,' Says Parent as Delhi Schools Reopen After Covid Break
- Flowers, smiles greet students as schools reopen after 10 months
- Syllabus cut for Classes 10 and 12 ahead of school reopening
West Bengal students likely to attend classes on alternate days after schools reopen: Minister have 317 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.