NA deputies watch a video clip during the debate session (Photo: VNA) Hanoi, (VNA) – The May 27 debate at the National Assembly about the implementation of laws and policies on children protection has attracted great attention of the public in Hanoi. Diep Nang Binh, a lawyer at the Tinh Thong Luat law office, noted that children’s rights have been promoted and the Party and State have continued to provide the best for children, including constantly revising and adjusting laws and policies to suit new requirements arising in the work of children protection and education. At the same time, he pointed to shortcomings in the work, citing reports of the NA’s supervisory team on the abuse of children, the large number of children who have to work, the situation of abandoned children, or child marriage. The lawyer said a number of stipulations in the Law on Children and other related laws have not been fully enforced due to a lack of timely and specific guidance, and punishments on violations are not strict enough to serve as deterrence. Besides, investment in children protection has not met the needs in child care and education. More concerted efforts are needed to enhance the… Read full this story
- Support for plan aimed at protecting children from physical punishment
- Social media giants face legal duty of care to protect children from online harms
- Social media firms face "duty of care" laws to protect children from online harms
- Royal colleges back duty of care to protect children from online harms
- MPs demand new law to protect children from failure of social media giants' duty of care
- Recorder letters: Fairlop Waters Country Park, parents polluting, Cultural Area, diabetes care and protect children online
- Social networks that fail to protect children online 'should face steep fines'
- Hartlepool volunteers hailed by NSPCC for their devotion in helping protect children
- Government urges parents to limit their children’s social media use to TWO hours at a time
- 'Get us out': Brexit voters urge MPs to hurry up
Voters urge concerted solutions to enhance protection of children have 328 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.