A month-long campaign to inspect road users nationwide started on May 15, and many drivers have been rushing to buy compulsory motorbike insurance solely to avoid being fined rather than taking out cover for potential future accidents. Police officers stop motorbike drivers to check the papers they are required to carry while driving. — VNA/VNS Photo Nguyen Hoang Long from Hanoi’s Hai Ba Trung District said that after hearing about the fine of VND100,000-200,000 (US$4.3-8.6) for drivers who failed to show traffic police their motorbike insurance certificates, he checked his two motorbikes’ insurance certificates and found they had expired a few years ago. “I have bought new insurance just in case police stop me to check my documents,” Long said, adding that the insurance certificates were much cheaper than the fine. Ho Viet Thang of Ba Dinh District said he paid VND66,000 ($2.8) for compulsory motorbike insurance but did not expect to use it to claim compensation. Compulsory insurance for the civil liability of motor vehicle owners stipulated in 2008 by Government Decree 103/2008/NĐ-CP does not offer direct compensation for vehicle owners if an accident occurs. Instead, insurance firms will pay the victim(s) of an accident. Within five days of an accident, those responsible must send documents to claim compensation including papers relating to the vehicle and driver, papers… Read full this story
- IICC vows to enforce compulsory insurance policies
- Drivers unaware they could face drink drive penalty without being over the limit
- What Is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance And Why Drivers Should Buy It
- Stricter fines proposed for drunk drivers
- Want car insurance? Please read this
- The harsh penalty almost four million drivers could face if they do not replace deadly airbags found in popular car brands including Toyota, Honda and Mazda
- Tech to take insurance to the next level
- Can NRIs purchase life insurance in India?
- Foreign insurers eye promising Vietnamese market
- VN-Index steps down from 4-day rally
VN motorbike drivers unaware of compulsory insurance have 313 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.