The crossover vehicle was sheathed in a fabric cover to avoid revealing its look during the testing process Thursday. The sheath carried the “VinFast Nextgen” message printed on the side.VinFast plans to launch the car at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November before promoting it in different countries in January next year. It plans to start mass production in July next year.The car is designed by Italy’s Pininfarina, which also designed VinFast’s first SUV and sedan.The car is set to have a 470 horsepower engine and be able to run 500 kilometers on full charge. VinFast is developing its own batteries for the vehicle using cells from South Korea’s LG company.There will also be a petrol version of the car with a BMW engine.VinFast, a unit of Vietnam’s largest listed company Vingroup, started delivering its first cars in June last year. The company does not release sales figures, but official data shows that 5,124 VinFast cars were registered in the first quarter. This puts it in the fifth place in sales, behind Hyundai, Toyota, Kia and Honda.
- How long does it take to charge an electric car?
- Electric Cars At Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra eKUV100, eXUV300, Renault K-ZE, Kia Soul EV, MG Marvel X &
- Auto Expo 2020: Great Wall Motors R1 Electric Unveiled - World’s Cheapest Electric Car
- What's it like to drive a Renault Twizy? We take the new tour round London's landmarks in the electric car that's loved by a Spice Girl and F1 hero
- Electric cars grab 44% market share in Norway in January
- World's Cheapest Electric Car is Coming to India at Auto Expo 2020, GWM to Showcase ORA R1
- Renault India aims to double sales in mid-term; to launch mass segment electric car in two years
- Porsche shares its original plan for an electric car from 1898, a carriage with an 1,100 pound battery and a three-horsepower engine that could reach speeds of 21mph
- Electric cars likely to get same power specs
- Lullaby for electric cars: Scientists create a 'tune' that mimics the sounds of a combustion engine to help parents get their babies to fall asleep in 'silent' battery-powered vehicles
VinFast test runs electric car for launch at US show have 352 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.