Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc held phone talks with President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte on May 26 to discuss bilateral and regional cooperation amid COVID-19 pandemic. The PM told the Philippine leader that the Vietnamese Government, people and businesses have entered a new normal period following the pandemic. He highlighted the significance of international cooperation in the current context, thanked the Philippines and President Duterte for making active contributions to the success of the online ASEAN Summit and ASEAN 3 Summit on COVID-19 Response held on April 14. The Vietnamese leader spoke highly of the Philippines’ initial success in mitigating the impact of the pandemic, and thanked its Government for creating favourable conditions for two flights carrying nearly 400 Vietnamese citizens home over the recent past. Duterte, for his part, hailed Vietnam as an effective example in the fight against COVID-19. The two leaders agreed to enhance bilateral substantive ties, improve the efficiency of cooperation in diverse areas via the effective implementation of the Action Programme to realise bilateral strategic partnership and regular maintenance of cooperation mechanisms, especially the ministerial-level Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation. PM Phuc proposed that… Read full this story
- Top Vietnamese leader holds phone talks with Russian President
- PM holds phone talks with Singaporean counterpart amid COVID-19
- PM holds phone talks with Singaporean counterpart
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talk with Singaporean counterpart
- Detained separatist leaders hold ceasefire talks with Cameroonian gov't
- I'm A Celebrity bosses 'are holding crisis talks to save this year's show as TV industry is thrown into chaos by coronavirus'
- Vietnam, U.S. hold deputy defense minister-level phone talk
- India, China hold inconclusive talks on ending army face-off
- Brexit: Boris Johnson to hold crunch talks with EU chiefs next week amid stalling trade negotiations
- Mexican president to hold bilateral talks with Trump on July 8
Vietnamese, Philippine leaders hold phone talks have 301 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.