With the Covid-19 pandemic under control in Vietnam, the country now seeks to breathe life back into its tourism industry. Director General of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) Nguyen Trung Khanh said the agency has submitted a proposal to the government on welcoming international tourists again from source markets where the disease has been well controlled. Before that, Vietnam needs to develop standards to certify health condition for individuals wishing to visit Vietnam, according to VNE. Nguyen Trung Khanh, director general of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. Photo: Zing Vietnam’s tourism industry achieved high growth in the past five years. The number of international arrivals continued to rise in January this year. However, the Covid-19 outbreak has paralyzed tourism activities worldwide, including in Vietnam. As the pandemic is under control in Vietnam, Vietnam’s tourism industry will firstly focus on restoring the domestic market, said Khanh. The VNAT has kicked start the domestic tourism stimulus program entitled “Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam”, which has engaged the active particiption of localities, associations and travel businesses. The head of VNAT said this is a key task of the industry in the coming time but it requires coordination and unification of… Read full this story
- Quang Ninh hosts 15 millionth foreign tourist to Vietnam
- Far East shoppers fuel £4BILLION Boxing Day Brexit sales bonanza: Foreign tourists take advantage of weak pound to steal deals
- Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?
- Spirited argument on liquor consumption between Vietnam’s health ministry, businesses
- Non-Aadhaar mobile verification only for NRIs, foreign tourists
- Vietnam needs to extend further visa exemption policy for tourists
- Project to lure foreign patients in Vietnamese hospitals
- Number of foreign arrivals set new record
- Tour guide who sold cannabis to foreigners held
- Weekly roundup: Foreigners-friendly policies, education refuge, street begging and more
Vietnam to study health standard validation before reopening to foreign tourists have 297 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.