Former Vice President Joe Biden still remains the presumptive nominee from the Democratic party but this could still change at the snap of a finger. The presidential hopefuls could either decide to leave the race, following allegations of sexual abuse nearly three decades ago by his former employee Tara Reade, or he could be actually forced to do so by his own party should it refuse to confirm his nomination during the Democratic National Convention in August. In this case, there are several faces, both new and painfully familiar, who could come to the party's rescue, hoping that the November game will be finally won in the Democrats favour. Some political analysts suggest that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo could be chosen as the new Democratic nominee following his growing approval ratings among New Yorkers (and not only those from the Democratic party!) who support his handling of the pandemic in the state. Cuomo is indeed a likely outsider to be chosen by the members of the Democratic National Committee if Biden drops out of the race after the convention or by voting delegates if this happens before August. However, so far, the New York governor has shown little interest… Read full this story
- US Election debate RECAP: Joe Biden brands Donald Trump a 'clown' and tells him to 'shut up'
- Who is Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, Biden's nominee to replace AG Garland on powerful DC Circuit Court?
- Biden's First Judicial Nominees a Sign of What's to Come | Opinion
- How Hunter Biden’s Memoir Played in the White House
- Democrats debate timing and wisdom of reparations vote
- Biden announces 11 judicial nominees to federal bench, including progressive SCOTUS favorite
- US Senate Majority Leader McConnell Says Biden Court Reform Plan Means ‘He Is Open’ to Court-Packing
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden: Back to the future on immigration, Afghanistan, Iran
- Moderate Democrats warn leaders against meddling in Iowa race
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden's next act: Massive infrastructure plan with tax hikes
Top-3 Candidates Who Could Replace Joe Biden as Democratic Nominee have 325 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.