Nguyen Ngoc Bich, 75, recalls the time when he prayed to the tutelary “cua vong” at the communal house in Diem village in Hoa Long Commune, which is in reality a decorative gold-painted door frame, and then jumped behind it to hide from French soldiers.When he was a child and playing with other kids around the temple, village elders would narrate stories about how the seven-meter-high “cua vong” had saved the lives of many Vietnamese soldiers during the French colonial and Vietnam War periods. “Cua vong” in Diem village in Bac Ninh Province’s Hoa Long Commune was recognized as a national treasure in January 2020. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Dao. The temple faces a lake. In the past children used to herd chickens and ducks nearby and come here to seek shelter in the afternoon while seniors would sit in the front porch sipping tea. During spring and autumn, the villagers would sit around the communal house to listen to and sing folk songs and celebrate post-harvest festivals.”The “cua vong” stands in the middle of the main hall,” Bich says. ”It has thousands of flower and animal carvings running from the floor to the roof of the temple. People just find it beautiful, but no… Read full this story
- 300-year-old Dinh Cau Temple casts protective net over Phu Quoc fishermen
- Christian Ink: Mummy's 1,300-Year-Old Thigh Tattoo Revealed
- Scientists identify 5,300 year-old sinew bowstring used by Otzi the Iceman
- Photos: 3,300-Year-Old Shrines Uncovered
- Father saves four-year-old son from enormous scrub python in Airlie Beach
- The lost tribes: Remarkable 100-year-old photos provide insight into the lives of Native Americans
- Cleveland cop, 34, pleads guilty to attempting to kidnap a 12-year-old girl, exposing his genitals to her and 'filming himself URINATING on her' at a bus stop
- Cops release sketch of white suspect they believe murdered seven-year-old Jazmine Barnes in a Texas Walmart parking lot, as her family claims her killing was a hate crime and the reward for information rises to $100k
- Father is horrified to 'find a worm crawling INSIDE his three-year-old son's IV tube while the boy is undergoing therapy'
- Mom whose three kids were killed while crossing the street to board their school bus LUNGES at 25-year-old driver in court after motorist is sentenced to four years in prison
Tales of 300-year-old national relic have 370 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.