The Chronicle’s Soleil Ho has been nominated for a James Beard Foundation award for her restaurant criticism. On Monday, the James Beard Foundation announced that Ho was among the finalists for its Craig Claiborne Distinguished Restaurant Review Award, along with Ryan Sutton of Eater.com and Pete Wells of the New York Times. The winner will be announced May 27. Ho, 32, joined The Chronicle in January 2019 after moving from Minneapolis. Her previous work included cofounding the Racist Sandwich podcast and being a freelance food and pop culture writer and restaurant chef. The reviews nominated were “Le Colonial is an orientalist specter,” “The ultimate chaat truck crawl” and “The fantasy — and reality — of dining at Chez Panisse.” “In one year, Soleil has transformed restaurant criticism in the Bay Area through keen observation of not only individual restaurants but our restaurant world itself. She questions conventional wisdom. She pulls in high and pop culture. She is fearless. And she loves food with a crazy, burning passion — which always shows in her writing,” says Kitty Morgan, The Chronicle’s deputy managing editor for features. Other nominees among the food journalism finalists included the publications the Bitter Southerner, Gastro Obscura, and… Read full this story
- 19 James Beard Semifinalists From Pennsylvania
- How Selma, Birmingham helped chef reclaim soul food
- Grammy Awards 2018: Here Are All the Nominations
- Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick WILL run for 2020 Democratic nomination in dramatic late-entry to the 18-strong field
- When will California become too hot to grow wine grapes?
- The best restaurant in America is in Philadelphia
- Six-story French restaurant and bakery complex headed to Union Square this month
- Gail Wines, a thrilling new label, reinterprets Sonoma Valley terroir
- Bay Area voters to decide whether to raise bridge tolls by $3
- Why don’t we drink dessert wine?
San Francisco Chronicle food critic Soleil Ho nominated for James Beard award have 289 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.