Nearly 30 Democrats are demanding that leaders of the House Armed Services Committee cut the defense budget amid the coronavirus pandemic.In a letter to committee Chairman Adam SmithDavid (Adam) Adam SmithOvernight Defense: Pelosi pushes ahead with T coronavirus bill | Bill includes no additional Pentagon funding | Watchdog: US, Iraqi military ties ‘suffered’ amid Iran tensions Hispanic Caucus endorses Washington Latina House candidate Top Armed Services Republican expects to address Pentagon border wall funds in defense policy bill MORE (D-Wash.) and ranking member Rep. Mac ThornberryWilliam (Mac) McClellan ThornberryTrump’s ex-White House doctor accuses Obama of weaponizing ‘highest levels’ of government Overnight Defense: Navy secretary nominee: Service in ‘rough waters’ after ‘failure of leadership’| Senate fails to override Trump’s Iran war powers veto| Top Armed Services Republican expects to address Pentagon border wall funds in defense policy bill Top Republican knocks ‘vice presidential wannabes’ for criticism of Pentagon’s coronavirus response MORE (R-Texas), the Democrats, most of whom are in the Congressional Progressive Caucus, urged the panel’s top lawmakers to authorize a smaller defense budget in this year’s policy bill compared to last year’s.“These are unparalleled times. We encourage you to constrain defense spending during this pandemic so that we can defeat the… Read full this story
- Nevada lawmakers to consider budget cuts amid coronavirus
- Massive tax cuts worth up to $2,565 a year are coming EARLY amid coronavirus pandemic - so how much will you be getting?
- Nigeria proposes steep basic healthcare budget cuts despite coronavirus
- Beefeaters at Tower of London face job cuts amid coronavirus crisis
- Zoom Video's revenue, profit skyrocket amid coronavirus pandemic
- Biden rolls out school reopening plan amid coronavirus pandemic
- Hollowed out public health system faces more cuts amid coronavirus
- Travel industry calls for targeted relief amid coronavirus pandemic
- BP to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide amid coronavirus pandemic
- Connecticut on track to reopen schools in the fall amid coronavirus pandemic, governor says
Progressives demand defense budget cuts amid coronavirus pandemic have 310 words, post on thehill.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.