Premier League clubs are preparing for the possibility of playing the whole of next season behind closed doors. While clubs discuss proposals to complete this season behind closed doors at neutral venues, they have also started considering the impact of playing the 2020-21 season without fans as well.Clubs are expecting football to get back to normal only when there is a coronavirus vaccine. Most experts believe a vaccine will not become available until the middle of next year. Supplement: Should PL finish overseas?PL neutral venues opposed by BrightonAround Europe: ‘Project Restart’ or season over?In the meantime, many clubs believe one of the first things they can do is budget for spending little or no money on transfers when the next window opens.The Premier League have said failing to finish this season would cost its 20 clubs more than £1billion, but playing next season behind closed doors is likely to have an even more dramatic impact on club finances.Premier League clubs make the majority of their money from broadcasting income and, apart from that, their revenues stem mainly from matchday income and commercial deals.Both those revenue streams would be significantly reduced if games were played behind closed doors for a whole… Read full this story
- Toe Poke Daily: Tottenham's jaw-dropping switch from Premier League pitch to NFL field
- 'Hamilton' will return to ASU Gammage in 2020-21, joined by Disney's 'Frozen'
- Tiki-Taka: 5 things we learned in the Premier League this week
- Barça against the Premier League: a reason to be optimistic
- 'Aladdin,' 'Mean Girls,' more featured in Straz Center's 2019-2020 Broadway season
- Justin Verlander, Houston Astros to add $66 million for 2020, ’21
- MLB Notebook: Verlander, Astros to add $66M for 2020, '21, according to source
- For Bulls, getting Zion Williamson would open closed door to top free agents
- USATF Indoor Championships conclude today; some of the action is behind closed doors: Oregon track & field rundown
- Switchbacks hoping successful preseason prepares club for Saturday's season opener
Premier League clubs prepare for 2020/21 season behind closed doors have 321 words, post on www.skysports.com at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.