Minneapolis — Four police officers in Minneapolis were sacked Tuesday as a video showing one of them kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed black man who later died sparked street protests in the midwestern US city. Protesters, many wearing face masks because of the coronavirus outbreak, held signs saying “Justice for George Floyd” and “Black Lives Matter” during a rally near the scene of Monday’s death in custody. In the video filmed by a bystander, a shirtless Floyd — thought to be in his 40s — is pinned on the ground by a white officer who kneels on his neck for more than five minutes. “Your knee in my neck. I can’t breathe… Mama. Mama,” Floyd pleaded. Floyd slowly grew silent and motionless, unable to move even as the officers taunted him to “get up and get in the car.” He was taken to hospital where he was later declared dead. After firing the four officers involved, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey expressed outrage as calls rose for them to be prosecuted for murder. “What I saw was wrong at every level,” he said of the video. “For five minutes, we watched as a white officer pressed his knee into… Read full this story
- Better a Black Man in the White House Than a Right-Wing Zealot a Heartbeat Away
- The Warmth of Black Chat Rooms
- Young Black Men, An Endangered Species - Who Will Save Them?
- It's Black - It's White - How Barack Obama is Affecting America - For The Good and The Not So Good
- The Mis-Education Of Blacks In Politics
- Love Never Dies - Lessons Learned From A Cat
- How to Use Proper Posture as a Guide to Office Ergonomics
- Broken Relationships Atlanta - Why Are There So Many Broken Relationships in the Black Mecca? Pt 1
- Afraid to Talk About Dying
- Single Black Men Dating Black Women From Online Dating Services
Officers sacked in US after black man dies as policeman kneels on neck have 306 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.