More COVID-19 cases reported in Southeast Asia COVID-19 testing site in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Photo: Xinhua/VNA) Some Southeast Asian countries continued to record more COVID-19 cases on May 28. The Singaporean Ministry of Health confirmed 373 new COVID-19 infections in this country on May 28, raising the total cases to 33,249. Among the new ones, none are Singaporeans or permanent residents, and the vast majority are work permit holders residing in foreign worker dormitories. The last time Singapore saw no new COVID-19 cases among citizens or permanent residents was on February 23, which was also the last time there were no new coronavirus cases reported in the country. As of May 28, Singapore had 17,267 recoveries from the disease, or 53 percent of the COVID-19 patients, while there were 23 deaths. The Malaysian Ministry of Health reported 10 new cases, adding up to 7,629 infections of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in the country. Meanwhile, the number of fatalities was kept at 115. Meanwhile, an additional 539 cases were recorded in the Philippines, the largest single-day increase since the virus emerged in the country in January, bringing the total number to 15,588. The death toll also rose to 921… Read full this story
- BMW Motorrad GS Trophy Southeast Asia Qualifiers
- PSA Group confirms bid for strategic partnership with Proton – targets expansion in Southeast Asia
- Where can we watch the UEFA Champions League in Southeast Asia?
- Mitsubishi to concentrate on production in Japan, Russia and Southeast Asia following US plant closure
- Join The News‘ WhatsApp service and get the latest Pompey news direct to your mobile
- Proton-Geely cooperation targets production volume of 280,000 units – exports to China and Southeast Asia
- Napoli vs Arsenal line-ups: Predicted XIs and latest team news
- Chelsea vs Slavia Prague line-ups: Predicted XIs and latest team news
- NBA trade deadline tracker: Latest rumors, news, updates on 2019 deadline day
- NFL Draft rumors 2019: Tracking the latest leaks, news, trade rumors before Round 1
Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 29 have 301 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.