Industries and other related economic activities will be opened in all green and orange zone districts and in areas other than containment zones in red zones once the lockdown ends on May 4, Jagadish Shettar, Minister for Heavy and Medium Industries, said here on May 2. At a meeting with industrialists in the Institute of Indian Foundrymen in Udyambag, the Minister said the government was committed to restarting economic activity and would allow different trade and industry activities. He said there was no need for passes for workers who would move from their homes to the factories. However, the industries would be asked to follow some rules as per the COVID protocol. The Minister said the Union government was considering a proposal to provide a revival package to small industries and hoped that the Prime Minister would announce it in a few days. Rajya Sabha member Prabhakar Kore urged the government to allow some sectors like sugar factories to work round the clock. Shridhar Uppin, president of the Chamber of Commerce and Industries, urged the government to allow factories to work for four more hours per day. He also sought loans at 3% interest.
- Opener mixes royalty and rock
- New sports minister pledges ‘great’ World Cup
- Brazil’s sports minister pledges ‘great’ World Cup
- Reading Product Plugs From Joshua Tree Helped Me Understand My Industry's Twisted Heart
- Brazil Sports Minister says ticket prices high
- Swimming complex opens one year early
- Rams can’t contain Luck in preseason loss
- Kobe contained long enough in 4th for Suns to win
- Johnson in comfort zone despite end to run at top
- Panthers can’t contain Bucs, lose 31-16
Industries to open in all except containment zones in Karnataka: Minister have 263 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.