GOOD Morning Britain has been hit by over 500 Ofcom complaints in the space of just one week following Piers Morgan’s regular on air rants. Piers, 55, is often seen engaging in heated debates with the ITV show’s guests and the last seven days has been no different, but viewers clearly aren’t happy. On Tuesday 12 May alone, the regulator received 174 complaints regarding the breakfast show – which is also hosted by Susanna Reid. The following day, Good Morning Britain was complained about 98 times and the day after that, 76 times. The number of phone calls to Ofcom dropped quite significantly on May 15 to just ten – but Piers doesn’t host the show on Fridays. On Monday 18 May, the complaints shot up again to 51 after Piers slammed the government again amidst the global coronavirus pandemic.The controversial host also tore into professional footballers for flouting government rules after a string of front page incidents – the latest of which has seen Chelsea ace Callum Hudson-Odoi arrested on suspicion of rape. The latest Ofcom stats come after it emerged two petitions have been set up – one to get Piers sacked, and the other to keep him… Read full this story
- Good Morning Britain gets 145 Ofcom complaints about Richard Madelely's SAGE scientist interview
- Good Morning Britain hit with 145 Ofcom complaints over Richard Madeley’s ‘misogynistic’ interview
- Piers Morgan to give first interview since quitting Good Morning Britain as he makes dig at Meghan Markle’s Oprah Winfrey chat
- Piers Morgan ‘won’t be replaced on Good Morning Britain as Susanna Reid takes centre stage’
- Who is Good Morning Britain’s Alastair Campbell as he fills Piers Morgan’s seat?
- Good Morning Britain’s Alex Beresford tells Piers Morgan to ‘lay off’ pregnant Meghan Markle
- Piers Morgan shares cryptic tweet moments before Good Morning Britain exit announced
- Piers Morgan’s Meghan Markle row on Good Morning Britain now has 57,793 Ofcom complaints from furious fans
- Piers Morgan boosts Ofcom complaints to ‘unprecedented level’ with Meghan Markle backlash and Good Morning Britain rows
- Good Morning Britain, Britain’s Got Talent and I’m A Celeb are the most complained about shows of the year, Ofcom reveal
Good Morning Britain hit by over 500 Ofcom complaints in a WEEK after Piers Morgan’s rants and rows with MPs have 351 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.