Flexibility in payment of dues to the government, railways and banks can help steel players overcome the liquidity crisis in the steel sector triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, a top Tata Steel executive has said.Also some relief in the duty on steel making raw materials can help Indian steel industry become more competitive, Tata Steel CEO and Managing Director T V Narendran said in an interview to PTI.”The industry has already represented to the government on a number of issues including some flexibility on payment of dues to the government, railways, banks etc. so that we can tide over the liquidity crisis. This also includes some support on exports as we are more dependent on export markets than domestic markets.Close “The government had been engaging very closely with the industry on the support required to tide over this COVID-19 crisis,” he said while replying to a question about the steps required to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the sector. related news Salaries increase for top mutual fund CEOs RBL Bank appoints Deepak Kumar as Chief Risk Officer Coronavirus pandemic not an end to coworking culture, says industry The MSME sector is struggling. The standalone downstream units did not get… Read full this story
- Volunteers helped paint HOPE’s homeless hostel in Worksop
- Pochettino frustrated at injury risks faced by Tottenham players
- Death of Egypt hotel Britons not due to gas emissions, prosecutor claims
- Council help centre revamped after staff said they felt unsafe
- Turkish Central Bank takes steps to provide liquidity as currency tumbles
- Former Black Sticks player Katie Glynn comes to defence of coach Mark Hager
- Pep Guardiola warns Manchester City players he will be even harder on them as he targets back-to-back titles
- Financial crisis 2008: How Lehman Brothers helped cause 'the worst financial crisis in history'
- Santander is making a big change to payments to help stop payment scams
- Development of 120-bed unit is 'progressing' to help alleviate Limerick hospital trolley crisis, says FG Senator
Flexibility in payment of dues can help steel players tide over liquidity crisis: Tata Steel CEO have 324 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.