(Reuters) – President Donald Trump has seized on Americans’ growing animosity toward China over the coronavirus outbreak to underpin his re-election pitch, arguing he will hit Beijing harder than anyone. FILE PHOTO: Democratic U.S. presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden speaks during the 11th Democratic candidates debate of the 2020 U.S. presidential campaign, held in CNN’s Washington studios without an audience because of the global coronavirus pandemic, in Washington, U.S., March 15, 2020. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/File Photo That is just so much tough talk, hardly substantiated by action, says the campaign for presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, senior adviser Jake Sullivan told Reuters in an interview. Biden’s campaign is preparing to roll out policies on how his future administration would better deal with China and will continue to show how Trump is weak on America’s top geopolitical and economic competitor, Sullivan said. “The vice president intends to do two things: hold Trump accountable for a catastrophic set of failures in his approach to China, and a colossal gap between tough talk and weak action,” said Sullivan, one of several former Obama administration officials who comprise Biden’s foreign policy team. Biden served as President Barack Obama’s No. 2 for… Read full this story
- Biden vs. Trump is a compelling contrast for Democrats
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden reverses Trump limits on transgender protections
- Biden adviser says reducing red meat isn't sole climate change solution
- Joe Biden’s advisers say he wasn’t saying he trusts Vladimir Putin after the pair shook hands at the Geneva Summit
- Biden faces growing pressure to take action on antisemitism
- Kishore Mahbubani: Biden should appear 'tough & fierce' on China, but cooperate 'below the radar'
- Biden UK trip LIVE – Joe warns Putin & China as he jets off to G7 & Queen talks after hoax ‘impeached’ vid shared online
- Biden must get tough on China's forced-labor industries, including solar
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Citizens' Climate Lobby - Deal or no deal? Biden, Capito continue infrastructure talks
- In Push for Trade Deal, Trump Administration Shelves Sanctions Over China’s Crackdown on Uighurs
Exclusive: Biden to hammer Trump's 'tough talk, weak action' on China, top adviser says have 347 words, post on www.reuters.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.