President Donald Trump unloaded on his critics Friday morning, criticizing ‘dirty politicians and dirty cops’ who went after Michael Flynn, vowing they would ‘pay a big price.’ The president, in his nearly hour long interview on ‘Fox & Friends,’ also said he ‘learned a lot’ from President Richard Nixon. But Trump spent the first 20 minutes of his interview railing against those who prosecuted his former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who had pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his call during the transition with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. The guilty plea was a deal he struck with Robert Mueller’s investigators to avoid prosecution on a slew of other accusations, including lying about taking money from Turkey while he was working for the Trump campaign. Flynn’s attorneys have spent months trying to withdraw the plea, alleging federal prosecutors acted in ‘bad faith’ and that he was forced into a trap when he was interviewed by FBI officers. The Justice Department Thursday filed a motion to dismiss the charges with U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, who has presided over the case and has a reputation for fierce independence. Judges generally grant such motions, but Sullivan could demand answers… Read full this story
- Trump made 38 false claims during week of Dorian dishonesty
- 2020 Democrats start two nights of debates in Detroit
- William Barr interview: Read the full transcript
- Why is this billionaire a bogeyman for the hard right?
- US stocks surge after White House delays key tariffs on China
- Across the rich world, an extraordinary jobs boom is under way
- What’s on TV tonight: Poldark, the BBC Proms and Dragons' Den
- Sterling soars as Brexit deal hopes rise: as it happened
Donald Trump unloads on his critics again claiming 'dirty cops and politicians' will 'pay a big price' for dropped prosecution of Mike Flynn - and says 'I learned a lot from Richard Nixon - don't fire people!' have 281 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.