Minister of Information and Communications Nguyễn Mạnh Hùng at a ceremony to promote cloud computing and digitalisation in Hà Nội on May 22. – VGP Photo HÀ NỘI — The digital economy’s data must stay in Việt Nam instead of being stored elsewhere by foreign players, said Minister of Information and Communications Nguyễn Mạnh Hùng at a ceremony to promote cloud computing and digitalisation held in Hà Nội yesterday. The minister said cloud computing will play a key role in the future’s digital infrastructure and must be a top investment priority in Việt Nam’s digitalisation strategy and socio-economic development. Notably, the ministry has made public the entire technical standards and requirements for the State’s e-Government project, giving firms a set of guidelines for the development of cloud computing platforms and applications required by State-owned enterprises and governmental agencies. At the ceremony, Hùng and leaders from four of the largest Vietnamese tech firms VNG, VCCorp, Viettel and CMC introduced several open-source cloud-based platforms and application. All of which, according to the minister, met the ministry’s standards and regulations. He also said Việt Nam is among the early adopters that have publicised standards and regulations on cloud computing. “As Vietnamese firms are getting… Read full this story
- Tanzania: U.S.$300 Million From Acacia Not Yet Paid, Says Minister
- 71% Indian firms upbeat on EU data privacy law, says Deloitte, DSCI joint survey
- Mauritius: Regulations Are Being Finalised to Ban Disposal of Plastic At Sea, Says Minister Koonjoo
- Uganda: NRM's Self-Entitlement Will Ruin Uganda, Says Minister Ecweru
- Fed Govt spends $9b on infrastructure in two years, says minister
- More than a lack of jobs, the issue is a lack of data on jobs, says PM Narendra Modi
- Dublin woman challenging referendum result says Minister caused 'voter confusion'
- 2.25 lakh companies get Modi govt’s notice: Shell firms’ scrutiny might reveal ‘something’ big, says minister
- English at university is fine, says minister, as long as standards don’t suffer
- Interim govt will assist NAB if it asks for record, says minister
Data must stay in VN, says minister have 343 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.