Since the confirmation of Da Nang’s first case of Zika virus earlier this week, local health workers have examined 50,000 of the city’s residents who may have been exposed to the pathogen. The Vietnamese Ministry of Health announced on Monday that N.H.N., a 25-year-old worker in Da Nang, is Vietnam’s first confirmed Zika patient of 2020. N., from the central province of Quang Nam, works for Hoa Phat Steel Pipe Co. Ltd. in Lien Chieu District, Da Nang and lives alone in a local boarding house on Ton Duc Thang Street in Hoa Khanh Bac Ward. He first reported to the Medical Center of Lien Chieu District on April 29 after running a fever for nearly 24 hours. His other symptoms included a headache, loss of appetite, nausea, and pain in his joints and muscles. Doctors tested him for Zika but they chose not to admit him and instead sent him home with medication. His fever subsided two days later and he decided not to return to the center for a re-examination. His Zika test results came back positive on May 19. Dr. Ton That Thanh, director of the Da Nang Center for Disease Control, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that the center has… Read full this story
- Da Nang, FPT cooperate to build ‘smart’ city
- Da Nang set to provide visitors with 'sleepless' beach experience
- Experts at odds on building major Da Nang port
- KOICA funds disaster risk reduction project in Da Nang
- Vietnamese firm Swift247 introduces super express delivery service in Da Nang
- Da Nang officially stops operations of polluting steel factories
- Florida Zika case may be first from mosquito inside U.S.
- Two New Locally Transmitted Zika Cases Diagnosed in Miami
- Italy wins Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- Total of 4,255 Zika Cases Registered in US
Da Nang authorities examine 50,000 residents after first confirmed Zika case of 2020 have 290 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.