May alone saw the number of foreign arrivals fall to its lowest in recent years, with a year-on-year drop of 98.3 percent to 22,000, according to the General Statistics Office. These mainly comprised foreign experts and highly-skilled workers.Vietnam has suspended all international flights since March 25 and banned entry of foreign nationals since March 22 except for special cases.A five-month data breakdown shows Vietnam received 2.72 million Asians, down 51.2 percent from a year ago and accounting for over 70 percent of total foreign arrivals. The total tourism revenue is estimated at VND8.3 trillion ($359 million) in the period, down 54.1 percent year-on-year. A beach in Quy Nhon Town, Binh Dinh Province, April 2020. Photo acquired by VnExpress. The number of foreigners coming to Vietnam is likely to remain low in the coming months with the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control deciding Thursday that Vietnam would not open itself to international visitors at this time, given the high risks of transmission from abroad.The country could consider welcoming foreign visitors from countries and territories where there have been no new cases for at least 30 days and launch a pilot plan to bring them to some islands with strict… Read full this story
- COVID-19 restrictions hit other patients hard
- COVID-19 restrictions breed communities of online support for struggling Australian restaurants
- East Africa Faces Rising Locust Swarms as COVID-19 Restrictions Delay Pesticide Shipments
- Family plans funeral for Darwin restaurateur under COVID-19 restrictions to reduce coronavirus spread
- Easing COVID-19 restrictions — how long is too long?
- COVID-19 UPDATE: 3 more foreigners infected, 86 patients fully recover
- Vietnam aims to contain COVID-19 within one month
- PM: Vietnam aims to contain COVID-19 within one month
- Supermodel trainer reveals the easy HOME barre workout Victoria's Secret models swear by for a toned physique as new COVID-19 restrictions limit studio access
- Adelaide Hills home sells at auction despite COVID-19 restrictions and a website crash
Covid-19 restrictions drop five-month foreign arrivals by 50 pct have 301 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.