“Patient 91,” a 43-year-old Vietnam Airlines pilot in HCMC, remains entirely reliant on the ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), the Health Ministry said Tuesday.ECMO is a technique that pumps blood out of the body and to a heart-lung machine that removes carbon dioxide and sends oxygen-filled blood back.The patient remains comatose despite having a natural breathing rhythm. His kidney functions, cough response and limb movements have not been restored. The condition of his lungs has not improved. Doctors have reduced his sedation doses and stopped using muscle relaxants on him, adding that an accurate evaluation of his senses and mobility can be made only once the drugs are out of his system.Importantly, his pneumonia is not under control yet, with the burkholderia cenocepacia bacteria, a type of opportunistic pathogen, present in his swab samples. Dealing with the infection would be difficult considering that the patient is immunocompromised, doctors have said.Earlier, the patient had suffered from the cytokine storm syndrome, which happened when his immune system overreacted to the novel coronavirus attacking the body, releasing too many cytokines, damaging his organs.The Vietnam Airlines pilot was the first case in the cluster of infections in HCMC associated with the Buddha Bar & Grill,… Read full this story
- Vietnam province discharges two British COVID-19 patients
- British COVID-19 patient tests positive again after being declared recovered
- More Covid-19 patients recover in Vietnam
- 27 more Covid-19 patients discharged from hospital
- Another 27 COVID-19 patients recover, total at 122
- 27 more Covid-19 patients recover in Vietnam
- Vietnam now has 168 recovered COVID-19 patients
- More Covid-19 patients in Vietnam discharged from hospital
- 16 more Covid-19 patients discharged from hospitals
- What Are The Possible Causes Of A COVID-19 Patient To Relapse After Recovery?
Comatose British Covid-19 patient back on dialysis have 276 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.