Many residents in Ho Chi Minh City are rushing to purchase certificates of motor vehicle insurance as traffic police officers are waging an aggressive month-long campaign to inspect road users. Under the campaign, which lasts until June 14, road users in the southern metropolis can be pulled over by traffic police officers for an administrative inspection regardless of whether or not they have committed a traffic violation. Road users are required to show their driver’s licenses, vehicle registration papers, and motor vehicle insurance certificates. Those who fail to bring their insurance certificates will be subject to fines ranging from VND100,000-200,000 (US$4.3-8.6) for scooters and motorbikes to VND400,000-600,000 ($17.2-25.8) for four-wheeled vehicles. The mandatory insurance covers civil liability in the event of traffic accidents, according to lawyer Le Trung Phat, who runs a private law firm. As observed by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper, vehicle insurance sellers in Ho Chi Minh City have recently seen surges in their customers. Those stalls offering such certificates along major roads from or to the southern metropolis, including the Hanoi Highway, Pham Van Dong Boulevard, and National Highway 1, were crowded with customers last week. A two-wheeler insurance certificate is sold at VND65,000 ($2.7) and valid for one year,… Read full this story
- I-TEAM: Dozens of complaints against Motor Mall on Atlantic Boulevard
- Trump's proposed car emissions rollback would prevent states from protecting citizens
- Car makers, retailers rush to open, restock Houston after Harvey
- Schenectady cop in prisoner death case put on unpaid leave, officials confirm
- Albany police officer accused of punching Nashville bar employee
- Nearly 600 license plates missing from Detroit schools. What happened?
- Robotic-car law hits roadblock in Senate
- Kohl's dash: Woman steals baby clothes, eludes police chase and almost hits employee
- Letters to the editor: Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017
- If the Irving parking garage collapse didn’t destroy their cars, this would do it
Citizens rush to buy motor vehicle insurance in Saigon amid intensified road inspection have 302 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.