Expats Blog Blind in one eye By Peter Kauffner Tuesday, May 26, 2020,14:20 (GMT+7) Blind in one eyeBy Peter Kauffner Nurses take care of patients at Cho Ray Hospital in HCMC – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – The World Health Organization ranks Vietnam 160th in terms of overall health system performance. It is not a destination for medical tourism. All the same, I recently got cataract surgery at Cho Ray Hospital (201B Nguyen Chi Thanh Street), the largest and best-known of HCMC’s many hospitals. The price was right and I was satisfied with the result. But I cannot recommend the experience to others. Cho Ray was built with Japanese aid money in 1974. The architecture is in the same “decade that taste forgot” style as Doc Lap Palace. The hospital is often in the news. It proudly cured a Covid-19 patient from China in February. The hospital has an international office to deal with foreigners. But the vast majority of the people who work there cannot speak English. Although almost all of the patients in this section are English speaking, I still had to wait for the staff to find someone who could talk to me. A cataract causes the lens to cloud up until… Read full this story
- AP investigation: No longer turning a blind eye?
- Turning a blind eye to suffering to survive
- Suspect attacked a blind man, stealing $40 and leaving him bloody on the street, Worcester police say
- Suspect arrested for robbing and attacking blind man in Worcester
- Auburn hospital turned blind eye to doc who provided deadly care, lawsuit says
- Exclusive: Auburn hospital turned blind eye to doc who provided deadly care, lawsuit says
- How this NYC company created the perfect environment for blind workers
- Eye experts urge people to get checked for diseases that cause blindness
- Blind former MLB pitcher claims caretaker stole nearly $20K from him
- Krewe d’Etat to lampoon NOLA No-Call with Willful Blindness float
Blind in one eye have 310 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.