In partnership with The San Francisco Chronicle, Bay Area Book Festival launches UNBOUND , a series of virtual events that present notable authors in free, stimulating literary conversations highly relevant for our challenging times. Courts, COVID-19, and Voter Suppression Thursday, May 14th at 7:00 PM PST People in Wisconsin lined up wearing masks as they risked infection and violated a shelter-in-place order simply to exercise the right to vote. With less than six months to go until the 2020 Presidential election, can we expect a repeat of the debacle in Wisconsin—this time, on a national scale? Screening of "Suppressed: The Fight to Vote" & Talkback with Robert Greenwald (Brave New Films) Thursday, May 21st at 7:00 PM PST The fundamental right to vote is under attack in America: a truth that became glaringly obvious during the fraught midterm elections of 2018. Brave New Films' "scary and galvanizing" (Variety) documentary 'Suppressed: The Fight to Vote' shines a light on the hotly contested Georgia governor's race between Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp: a race that came to stand for the corrupt and systematic oppression of voters' rights taking place across the nation. One Person, No Vote: Carol Anderson in conversation with Congresswoman… Read full this story
- BTS performs at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Trio of Young Directors Bring to Life Children's Best-Sellers in TeamTO Projects Presented at Annecy
- Eric Swalwell was among the last lawmakers to leave the House floor during the Capitol attack. Here's what he saw
- An emergency room chief on why San Francisco is facing its worst drug epidemic ever
- SF after dark: what will the city's nightlife look like when it's turned back on?
- Glastonbury 2021 – Live at Worthy Farm: How to watch and who is performing?
- Apple's iOS 12.2 brings support for Apple News Plus and new AirPlay 2 features
- Promise tracker: Your guide to what the major parties are promising Tasmania
- My Search for My Father. And for Myself.
- British holidays: Top beach resorts with unforgettable views
Bay Area Book Festival Presents: UNBOUND have 327 words, post on www.sfgate.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.