More than 1,450 families in the 11-building Dosti Acres complex asked to stay in two-week quarantine after a resident tested positive for COVID-19 infection. One of the largest co-operative housing societies in Mumbai, Dosti Acres in Wadala on Wednesday went into a complete lockdown as a “containment zone” after a resident, who was under self-quarantine since his return from foreign travel, tested positive in a followup COVID-19 test. A resident of Dosti Blossom Society and his family was under self-quarantine after his initial test at Kasturba Hospital was negative. However, the result of his fresh test came positive on Tuesday evening, and the BMC authorities arrived at the complex to inform the residents of a possible lockdown. On Wednesday, officials from F North Ward and Antop Hill police station held a meeting with office-bearers of all 11 co-operative housing societies in Dosti Acres explaining the rationale for the strict restrictions on movement of residents in and out of the complex. “There is no panic among residents. One of our members who was in selfquarantine after his first COVID test came negative. Three days ago, he consulted me on the necessity of a follow-up test and he did the test with… Read full this story
- Lockdown restrictions extended in Bihar, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- Kerala govt eases lockdown restrictions on July 18, 19 and 20 for Bakri Eid
- Coronavirus: 'Many Not Taking Lockdown Seriously, States Should Ensure Rules Are Followed', Says PM Modi
- Karnataka: Night Curfew To Begin From 8 PM, Lockdown On Sundays Starting July 5
- From Wuhan to the White House: A timeline of COVID-19's spread
- White House COVID adviser Andy Slavitt calls on WHO to assist with virus origin investigation
- Coronavirus digest: Sydney extends lockdown by two weeks
- Yediyurappa lays foundation stone for vegetable market complex in Kalaburagi
- The Government's 50-page roadmap out of lockdown, explained
- City loan was supposed to help fix S.F. public housing where London Breed grew up. Has it?
Wadala housing complex under complete lockdown have 312 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at April 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.