The flags of ASEAN and the member states (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – All member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) have recorded COVID-19 infections. In the face of the pandemic’s complex developments, Vietnam, in its capacity as ASEAN Chair in 2020, has been actively promoting the bloc’s common efforts and cooperating with partners in the fight against the disease. Promoting ASEAN’s cohesion and responsiveness As ASEAN Chair this year, Vietnam has been working closely with other members to promote the group’s readiness to respond and mitigate the outbreak’s impacts, reflecting a truly “cohesive and responsive” ASEAN. On February 14, after consulting with other ASEAN leaders, Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc issued the ASEAN Chairman’s Statement on ASEAN Collective Response to the Outbreak of COVID-19, in which regional leaders highlighted the association’s priority to deal with the disease and urge the international community to support ASEAN in this effort. Aside from this statement, the countries’ defence, economic and tourism ministers also issued statements that specify measures to coordinate their actions and effectively respond to the pandemic. They affirmed that ASEAN will continue stepping up concrete and practical actions while enhancing information exchange and coordination at all… Read full this story
- Abe and Kat Joining ‘All-Stars Battle Royale’ Cast?
- LiPs, LiMo Join Hands in Mobile Linux Fray
- Far Cry 3 hands-on: battling bandits with friendly bears and Komodo dragons
- Ubisoft looking to join digital distribution battle with third-party game sales on Uplay
- Leap Motion joins hands with Epic to offer official UE4 plugin
- Nintendo & Adidas Joining Hands to Present Pokemon in Football Kits for 2014 FIFA World Cup
- PRODUCT PROFILE BroadVision and SugarCRM Join Hands for Closer Integration
- LG, Qualcomm Join Hands for Autonomous Driving
- PM receives new German Ambassador to Vietnam
- Vietnam expects to export 1.7 mln tonnes of coffee this year
Vietnam joins hands with ASEAN battle against COVID-19 have 300 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.