A new trial into blood plasma has been authorised by the government with the view it could treat 5,000 people a week if it is successful. The trialled treatment involves plasma taken from blood donated from recovered coronavirus patients being transfused to current patients who struggle to produce antibodies to fight the virus. The Government has been increasing its collection of plasma so that the NHS can start using the treatment in the event of a successful trial. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said this process, which was used to help treat the Sars outbreak, is expected to help 5,000 people per week if the trial is a success. The Governemnt has authorised a new trial into a coronavirus blood plasma treatment which could help 5,000 people a week if successful RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Russia sees another record rise in coronavirus deaths with… Heartbreaking moment elderly man picks up wife’s ashes… Share this article Share He said: ‘The UK has world-leading life sciences and research sectors and I have every hope this treatment will be a major milestone in our fight against this disease. ‘Hundreds of people are participating in national trials already for potential treatments and the scaling… Read full this story
- Gov't plans to standardise medical testing
- Blood test 'detects cancer relapse'
- New gene tests may give cancer patients quicker path to treatment
- Newer heart attack test 'could save women's lives'
- Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work
- Funding for Scientologist Agent Orange treatment in question
- Counting lung cancer cells helps diagnosis, treatment
- Vietnam hospital successfully treats paralysis with stem cells
- Hai Duong Gyno-obstetrics Hospital saves parturient woman with rare blood group
- Test shows how old your body really is
UK launches trial into coronavirus blood plasma treatment with plans to give it to 5,000 patients a week if tests are successful have 275 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.