Cancer-ravaged and nearly blind, Rabbi Dr David Goldberg knew he was close to death. A major figure on the Left-leaning, intellectual wing of progressive Judaism, his life had been long and distinguished. On the walls of his North London home there were photographs of the Rabbi with Prince Charles and Prince Harry, Pope Benedict and the Dalai Lama. Perhaps the most surprising picture on display showed him being received by Yasser Arafat, the then leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation. While this contact made him enemies among some of his co-religionists, Rabbi Goldberg believed firmly in peace, reconciliation and Palestinian rights. He was awarded an OBE for encouraging interfaith dialogue. But as the light faded his thoughts turned — once again — towards what he saw as an existential threat facing British Jewry; a threat from an organisation he had previously trusted. For which he had been a loyal voter: the Labour Party. Sir Keir Starmer and his Jewish wife Victoria at a count in the 2017 General Election Now, during one of his final walks — more of a painful shuffle — on Hampstead Heath, he let rip. His companion on that day early last year was his oldest personal… Read full this story
- Momentum chief Jon Lansman calls for all Labour personnel including Jeremy Corbyn to be given anti-Semitism training as a dossier of 150 incidents involving FIVE council candidates handed to party bosses
- Jeremy Corbyn considers legal challenge to force Sir Keir Starmer to let him be a Labour MP again
- Fury as Corbyn allies claim he had suspension lifted because he said 'nothing factually or morally wrong' on anti-Semitism as Sir Keir Starmer faces demands to BLOCK ex-leader from rejoining parliamentary party
- Jeremy Corbyn Blocked From Returning to Parliament Labour Party Over Anti-Semitism Failures
- Jeremy Corbyn must apologise & admit mistakes over anti-Semitism if he wants to be a Labour MP, insists Gordon Brown
- Labour in turmoil over outcast Jeremy Corbyn: 32 MPs and peers sign letter demanding ex-leader has whip restored with hard-Left and unions in uproar over Keir Starmer move
- Jeremy Corbyn 'to have Labour whip suspended for at least three months' - amid growing threat of leadership contest against Keir Starmer for the move
- A fight for the soul of the party that Keir Starmer MUST win: Former Labour MP IAN AUSTIN argues there is no point trying to compromise with extremists who have infected the ranks
- Keir Starmer says Boris is 'just not up to the job' in brutal personal attack over Covid 'incompetence' - as he admits Labour DESERVED to lose last election in broadside at Corbyn
- Jeremy Corbyn Banned From Sitting as a Labour MP - What Happens Now?
Sir Keir and a question of cowardice: He seldom talked of his family's Jewish links while anti-semitism raged in Labour and - as he stands poised to become party leader RICHARD PENDLEBURY investigates whether Starmer put politics before principles have 432 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.