GANDHINAGAR: Back home healthy after two weeks of battling Covid-19, 23-year old Hashim Gajiyawala is overcome with emotion as he speaks on how he wants to give back to society. Hashim, and 45 others with him from Vadodara’s Nagarwada – a predominantly Muslim area which is identified a Covid-19 hotspot – wants to donate their blood for Convalescent Plasma Therapy , which is used by doctors in some top hospitals as a last resort for critically ill patients. “We understand that now our blood can probably be used to save the lives of others, and that is a great blessing,” says the young mechanic, who along with the others ,tested negative a second time this week and was discharged from hospital. In CPT, which has been approved for clinical trials by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), doctors inject critically ill patients with blood plasma from those who have recovered, so that antibodies present in it will improve chances of survival . When Dr. Mahammed Hussein, chairman of Vadodara Muslim Doctors’ Association, told Hashim and his neighbours about it , they rushed to volunteer. “Dr. Hussein has explained this to us and we would be more than happy to… Read full this story
- Should we pay people for donating blood?
- Orlando Shooting: Should Curbs on Blood Donations from Gay Men Be Lifted?
- Cancer vaccine prolongs remission in leukemia patients in trial
- Gay men blood donor ban to be lifted
- Super Heroes, Tommy Hawk, Therapy Dogs at Kids' Party
- First Look: Wellness Club The Remedy Place Wants To Detox Your Social Life
- Nigerians have declared zero tolerance for sexual violence – Dr. Princess Olufemi Kayode
- Bloodletting May Provide Health Benefits for Obese
- Special Report: One life, two organs, a $5.3 million bill - a tale of superbugs' deadly costs
- 13 Scariest Horror Movie Trailers Ever Made
Reluctant patients to active Covid warriors : These survivors want to donate blood for plasma therapy have 292 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.