Rice loaded for exports. The country could export rice while ensuring food security amid the COVID-19 pandemic. — Photo vinanet.vn The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) on Monday submitted a proposal to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to remove the quota for rice exports as of May 1. The current quota means firms were allowed to export 400,000 tonnes of rice in April to ensure food security amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The ministry said it made the proposal based on the domestic and foreign context, efforts to ensure national food security and the latest data on national rice supply and demand before entering the summer-autumn crop. The pandemic had been basically controlled and the rice supply in the winter-spring crop had been stable and could be a bumper crop, it said. Statistics from the MoIT showed the country could export some 3.2 million tonnes when including 1.3 million tonnes from May till mid-June when the summer-autumn crop can be harvested. It added that if Viet Nam exports 700,000 tonnes of rice in May, the country would still have 600,000 tonnes of inventory in the first half of June. In addition, rice output in the upcoming summer-autumn crop would reach… Read full this story
- 5 things to know about the Rice Commission’s plan to fix college basketball
- Could Rice report recommendations have prevented alleged NC State, Dennis Smith issues?
- In aftermath, ACC wrangles with Rice Commission recommendations on college basketball
- Commission on College Basketball proposes major changes to NCAA to fix the sport's problems
- Coaches to discuss NCAA hoops proposals together
- Committee on College Basketball proposes changes, including one-and-done and punishing cheats
- Guerin Emig: Rice Commission report a wobbly first step toward college basketball reform
- The walls built by Rice Commission may cause enormous problems for NCAA
- Critics say NCAA panel's basketball recommendations fell short of 'decisive action'
- NFL Owners Must Reconsider Commissioner’s Role
MoIT proposes removing rice export quota have 301 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.