MANGALURU: A sexagenarian woman on ventilator at district Wenlock Hospital, the designated Covid-19 facility, succumbed to the pandemic in Mangaluru on Thursday. She is the third patient in Dakshina Kannada district to fall prey to coronavirus that claimed lives of two other women. Incidentally, all three victims are from Kasba village in Bantwal town. While the first victim (P-390) died on April 19, her mother-in-law (P-432) succumbed on April 23. An official communique from the district administration said the 67-year-old woman, contact of P-432 and her neighbour was shifted to the designated Covid-19 hospital on April 18 after being symptomatic to cold, cough and fever for four-days and was undergoing treatment at Bantwal taluk hospital. She was being treated for viral pneumonia after she exhibited signs of severe acute respiratory illness. The diabetic patient also had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Soft-Hindutva a trademark of Congress in Dakshina Kannada
- CAA protests: Prohibitory orders clamped in Karnataka's Dakshina Kannada district
- Mobile Internet suspended in Karnataka’s Dakshina Kannada district till December 21
- Karnataka: BS Yediyurappa government bans internet in coastal Dakshina Kannada after violence kills two in Mangaluru
- Horror crash claims second victim: Mother of a teenage schoolgirl killed in a three-vehicle collision while headed home from a holiday dies from her injuries one week later
- Karnataka: Historian Ram Chandra Guha Detained By Bengaluru Police For Joining Anti-CAA Protests
- Karnataka: Historian Ramachandra Guha Detained By Bengaluru Police During Anti-CAA Protests
- Karnataka home minister blames 'people from Kerala' for Mangaluru violence
- Yediyurappa Appeals to People to Stay off 'Vested Interests' After Anti-CAA Protests Claim 2 Lives in Karnataka
- Karnataka CM B S Yediyurappa appeals to people to stay off 'vested interests'
Karnataka: Covid-19 claims 3rd victim in Dakshina Kannada have 265 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.