SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) — The reopening of cities and the return to normal life cannot be rushed and won’t happen until a vaccine is available, and that’s still at least 12 to 18 months away, experts say. When society reopens, it will be slow and happen in stages. California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday said that the state is working with officials in Oregon and Washington to map out the steps that will be taken when the West Coast eases COVID-19 restrictions and moves towards reopening for business, with more details set to be released Tuesday. A public health expert from UCSF outlined some of the potential stages for the transition back to normal in the Bay Area. “I would guess masks, there might be a request for older people to continue to shelter in place or at least cut down your movement outside,” said George Rutherford, UCSF Professor of Epidemiology. “I think you can look at a staggered return to work where not everyone goes back on whatever date right off the bat.” COMPLETE COVERAGE: CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Rutherford says industries like construction and manufacturing may be the first to restart, followed by non-essential retail stores, and then restaurants… Read full this story
- The Big Game between Cal and Stanford has been moved to Dec. 1 due to Bay Area wildfires
- ‘Something is wrong with my brain’: Life after football for a one-time Bay Area star
- Reuben Foster’s accuser says she falsely recanted DV allegations in Bay Area
- Brett Gardner helps New York Yankees rout Tampa Bay Rays 13-5
- Sharks’ Joe Pavelski provides update on his health
- DeMarcus Cousins’ debut with Warriors: Cousins’ doctor, medical experts weigh in
- Warriors, 122, Knicks, 95: Warriors returned to dominance
- Hotline newsletter: In an alternate universe, it’s the Pac-14; future bowl options (hello, Hollywood Park); Herbert’s return and more
- Expert Picks: Who Will Win the Preakness?
- Expert Picks: Who Will Win the Preakness Stakes?
Economist, Health Expert Detail Bay Area’s Return To Normal After Pandemic have 313 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.