New Delhi: The ongoing measures in India to arrest the spread of Covid-19 has severely dented the consumption of fuel in the country, with the growth in consumption of petroleum products falling to an abysmal 0.21 per cent to 213,686 thousand tonne (TMT) in 2019-20. The growth in India’s petroleum demand last fiscal has been the lowest in at least 10 years, data analysed by ETEnergyWorld up to 2009-2010 showed. In March 2020 alone consumption fell 18 per cent to 16,083 Thousand Tonne (TMT) as compared to the same month a year ago, fresh data sourced from the oil ministry showed.Analysts, petrol pump dealers and executives at Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) had earlier told ETEnergyWorld that demand for petrol, diesel and aviation turbine fuel in the country has been severely impacted as economic activity and public movement has come to a near standstill due to the 21-day lockdown.Consumption of diesel fell 24.23 per cent to 5,651 TMT in March 2020, as compared to the corresponding month a year ago.In the full financial year 2019-2020, diesel consumption declined 1.13 per cent to 82,579 TMT, as compared to the previous financial year, the lowest recorded decline in at least 10 preceding fiscal… Read full this story
- North's unemployment rate falls to 10-year low
- North's unemployment rate falls to a 10-year low
- Reckitt Benckiser shares fall to two-year low on forecast jitters
- Boost for France as economy clocks up fastest growth in 10 years
- Pound to dollar exchange rate – sterling skids to a 10-day low against a stronger dollar
- Jailed: Man trapped by his DNA gets 10 years for 25-year-old rape
- Widnes v St Helens: St Helens sensation Regan Grace could be a star for 10 years, even if he is dropped in the next few weeks
- Remember The Biggest Loser winner Sam Rouen? He’s now a sexy fireman 10 years on from losing 11st the show
- Remember The Biggest Loser winner Sam Rouen? He’s now a sexy fireman 10 years on from losing 11st on the show
- McDonald's staff cry victory as it finally reacts to strikes and gives workers 'biggest raise in 10 years'
Covid-19 impact: India’s petroleum consumption falls to 10-year low have 332 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.