“The change will be happening next Wednesday, six million Australian jobs depend on it,” Mr Porter said. Mr Porter said he was “listening” to calls for the package to be expanded to include more casual workers, such as those flagged by union chief Sally McManus this morning. The Australian Council of Trade Unions Secretary said she wanted to see the wage subsidy expanded so that casuals who had worked for less than 12 months, and anybody who “reasonably expected” to be working will be covered. “We’re worried that if you change the rights of workers unfortunately some employers might abuse that,” Ms McManus told ABC’s Insiders. Attorney-General Christian Porter at a press conference at Parliament House in Canberra, Thursday, April 2, 2020. (AAP Image/Mick Tsikas) NO ARCHIVINGSource:AAP Earlier, US President Donald Trump warned of a horror week ahead for Americans, predicting that “there will be death” as the coronavirus surges across the nation. Mr Trump said that hotspots around the country would receive the medical supplies they need to combat the outbreak, and commiting to deploying military medical staff to tend to the sick. China is donating 1000 ventilators to the US virus epicentre, New York. The number of people… Read full this story
- Donald Trump visit RECAP: President says 'Brexit will work out well for Ireland'
- Trump falsely claims Ivanka 'created 14 million jobs'
- 'It shows how aggressive the left can be': Donald Trump supporter doused in milkshake by protesters says he was only there 'campaigning for democracy'
- Nancy Pelosi accuses Donald Trump of BRIBERY for holding back Ukraine's military aid in dramatic escalation of Democrats' impeachment attack and says public testimony 'makes what Nixon did look almost small'
- Donald Trump hails our ‘fantastic’ Queen and says UK relationship is ‘very strong’ after Buckingham Palace visit
- Donald Trump boasts he raked in even MORE cash at SoulCycle investor fundraiser thanks to 'unhinged mob's' demands for a boycott as Marvel is latest to be hit by calls to snub it over CEO's support for the president
- Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and How Presidents View Impeachment
- Who Is Jerome Powell? Donald Trump Was at War With Federal Reserve Chair Ahead of Rates Announcement
- A friend of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton... with a jet called the Lolita Express: TOM LEONARD details high-living past of billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Donald Trump works up a sweat at a Louisiana campaign rally
Coronavirus: ‘Six million jobs’ at stake over JobKeeper scheme as Donald Trump addresses US on horror week ahead have 388 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.