At a suburban Mumbai grocery chain, customers were finding it tough to buy essentials since almost 60 percent of the store staff was on leave due to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, outbreak. Instead of shutting the store, this supermarket chain decided to involve locals from March 25 onwards.“Neighbourhood residents, including retired bank officials and senior company executives working from home, said they were ready to volunteer at the store. Hence, we permitted this and allowed these volunteers to dedicate three-to-four hours a day at our store,” said the talent manager at the grocery chain.To track all live updates from the coronavirus pandemic, click here… Close If your company has idling semi-skilled work force that can do with more income + work in a safe environment, please reach out to @Grofers – we are hiring in our warehouses to increase throughout in all cities. Requirement- Smartphone savvy. Transport provided. For India!— Albinder Dhindsa (@albinder) March 29, 2020 related news Immediate spike likely in inter-city mobility after train, bus services resume operations: Study Coronavirus lockdown | Mandating use of Aarogya Setu app ‘utterly illegal’, says former SC judge BN Srikrishna Coronavirus pandemic | India has 8th highest active cases of COVID-19 in… Read full this story
- UK digital economy facing skilled staff shortage
- HOW TO: Win the War for the Most Talented Employees
- Close the Talent Gap, Secure the Future
- Japan wants to staff its train stations with friendly robots
- 6 ways to find AI talent—are you looking in the right places?
- 5 tips for working with dev teams in Latin America for the first time
- Spotify: 'Sweden is heading in the wrong direction'
- ‘The Bay Area is broken’: Why Silicon Valley startups are hiring elsewhere
- 4 careers where data science skills will help you get ahead
- The African Hacker
Coronavirus pandemic| Staff shortage leads grocery firms to seek talent elsewhere have 286 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.