Plywood and related industry of Yamunanagar district is also not untouched by nationwide lockdown imposed by the Centre in view of the coronavirus outbreak.With the central government hinting at relaxations to be given to some sectors in the coming days, traders of one of Asia’s largest timber markets are also hoping to get some respite in their business. Despite the district being declared a green zone, the government’s move will not largely affect this industry as the units are scattered and most of them come under the municipal corporation (MC) limits.‘ALLOW US OPEN UNITS FOR 2-3 DAYS’All India Plywood Manufacturing Association president Devendra Chawla said, “The industrial units are spread across both Yamunanagar and Jagadhari cities. A large area comes under the MC limits and so does the plywood industries.” “We have asked the district administration to allow us open our units within the MC limits for two-three days so that we can check our raw material, including wood, glue and other chemicals,” he said. Nearly a thousand units, including plyboard and peeling factories, are operational across the district.Deputy commissioner Mukul Kumar said that as per the guidelines of the central government, there are a few… Read full this story
- Meat industry seeks to define what’s actually ‘meat’
- More than 2,000 Migrants Quarantined in U.S. Detention Centers Due to Disease Outbreaks
- Century City mall in LAon lockdown amid reports of active shooter
- New Zealand's Dunedin Airport placed in lockdown 'suspicious package'
- Officials hope to change minds amid 'exquisitely contagious' measles outbreak
- Amid measles outbreak, clinics scramble to keep up with vaccine demand
- Amid measles outbreaks, Facebook considering how to reduce spread of anti-vaccine content
- Measles outbreak: Rockland County, New York declares state of emergency
- County's ban amid measles outbreak spurs vaccinations and protests
- Ebola HORROR as gunmen attack Congo health centre amid BRUTAL battle with security forces
Coronavirus outbreak: Yamunanagar plywood industry seeks relaxation amid lockdown in Haryana have 306 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at April 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.