The WHO said it acted “quickly and decisively” and warned the world on time of the danger posed by the novel coronavirus The US has over 1 million coronavirus cases and its more than 58,000 fatalities exceed the death toll from the Vietnam War German companies are concerned about a potential wave of insolvencies China has scheduled the National People’s Congress for May 22 Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 17:10 The drug remdesivir, manufactured by US biopharmaceutical company Gilead Science, has seen mixed results after two trials, one that deemed it effective and another that concluded the opposite. Remdesivir, which previously failed in trials against the Ebola virus, acts on the coronavirus directly, as opposed to controlling the abnormal and often lethal autoimmune response it causes. In animal testing against SARS and MERS, diseases caused by similar coronaviruses, the drug has helped prevent infection and reduced the severity of symptoms. But it is not yet approved anywhere in the world for any use. Gilead Science said a trial overseen by the US National Institutes of Health, which tested remdesivir versus a placebo in about 800 hospitalized coronavirus patients around the world, proved effective. In particular, the company said the drug helped improve… Read full this story
- Coronavirus latest: Global COVID-19 deaths reach 275,000
- Coronavirus latest: Germany reaches goal of slowing virus, Merkel says
- Coronavirus latest: Germany can be bold easing restrictions, Merkel says
- Coronavirus latest: Poland postpones presidential election
- Releasing people who have recovered from COVID-19 back into the general population could reduce the rate of transmission and protect the vulnerable by providing 'shield immunity', study claims
- Missouri governor praises Trump admin's COVID-19 response: 'Almost moved mountains'
- Covid-19 bodies lie in streets of Ecuadorian city as death toll in Latin America passes 15,000 with peak ‘yet to come’
- Bolsonaro continues to dismiss Covid-19 threat as cases skyrocket in Brazil
- COVID-19: How to boost the immune system with vitamins
- Mice administered with Vietnamese COVID-19 vaccine remain healthy
Coronavirus latest: WHO defends its COVID-19 response have 315 words, post on www.dw.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.