Doctors who have treated a combined total of over 425 confirmed or presumptive Chinese coronavirus patients with the drug hydroxychloroquine told Breitbart News they are finding the medication to be helpful.The doctors stressed that more long-term studies are needed to draw concrete scientific conclusions about hydroxychloroquine and Chinese coronavirus. But they said they decided to act because they felt it was safe and because the coronavirus pandemic does not leave any time to wait for what could be months or even years of clinical trials. Their experiences are not meant to be taken as controlled scientific trials. Studies are clearly required to more conclusively determine whether the hydroxychloroquine indeed played a role in patient recovery or whether those same patients would have recovered anyway without the medication. Even if hydroxychloroquine is found to be helpful, more research is needed to determine whether the drug needs to be combined with other medication, and which amounts should be used. Some of the doctors interviewed for this article prescribed hydroxychloroquine along with zinc sulfate, and in many cases combined the drug with an antibiotic regimen. There are also concerns about the supply chain for hydroxychloroquine. Hospitals are reportedly seeking to stockpile the drug… Read full this story
- Doctors fight coronavirus outbreak with drugs that target HIV, malaria and Ebola
- Disinfecting robots to fight coronavirus run into travel bans
- Coronavirus spreading with new cases reported around the world as death toll rises to 26
- Coronavirus: Can Traditional Chinese Medicine help fight the disease?
- Seventh medical worker dies in sign of front line strains over coronavirus
- Who is most at risk of contracting coronavirus?
- Over 1,700 frontline medics infected with coronavirus in China, presenting new crisis for the government
- Killer coronavirus was NOT genetically engineered, scientist insists amid conspiracy claims the deadly infection escaped a high-security lab in Wuhan
- British coronavirus cruise ship airlift is DELAYED: Flight to rescue 74 UK nationals trapped on infection-riddled Diamond Princess is pushed back a day because of 'logistical complications'
- ANOTHER 79 coronavirus cases are confirmed on quarantined cruise ship as Britons on board are told to stay put or risk being banned from UK evacuation flights, while others are let off
‘Battlefield Medicine’: NY, NJ Doctors and Patients See Anecdotal Evidence of Hydroxychloroquine Benefits in Fighting Coronavirus have 353 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.