Farmers harvest the 2019-20 winter – spring rice in An Giang Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Công Mạo AN GIANG — More and more farmers in An Giang have been producing quality rice seeds for cultivation since the Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province launched a programme in 2004 calling on farmers and private investors to invest in this. The country’s second largest rice producer after only another Mekong Delta province, Kiên Giang, grew three rice crops last year on a total area of 680,000ha. Trần Anh Thư, deputy chairman of the province People’s Committee, said the province is a leader in the country in producing rice seeds, with 4,500 – 6,000 farmers doing so on a total area of 26,000 – 31,000ha a year. The province has at least one rice seed producing group in each commune and around 30 companies and other entities which grow and trade seeds. Many farmers are tying up with companies to ensure outlets for their seeds and steady incomes. The province produces 150,000 – 164,000 tonnes of seeds annually, mostly OM6976, OM4900, jasmine, OM5451, OM9582, and IR50404 varieties. Besides producing seeds, many farmers have also created new rice strains after getting training in this from the… Read full this story
- As A Man Thinketh: Discover How To Stop Attracting Weeds In Your Garden of Life
- Law of Attraction- The Basics of Getting Started in Attracting Anything You Want!
- Mantra Chant - The Attracting Power of Vocal Harmonics
- Law of Attraction - The Stalemate to Manifestation
- Ruined Rural Economy - Doomed Farmers Part 9
- Cotton - Genetically Modified Seeds
- Corporate Greed Driving India Farmers to Suicide by the Thousands
- Where Did All The Farmers Go?
- Food Storage and Heritage Seeds
- Discover the Benefits of Eating Organically Produced Food
An Giang programme for producing rice seeds continues to attract farmers have 280 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.