Sign up to get our new weekly column as a newsletter. We’re looking back at the strongest, smartest opinion takes of the week from CNN and other outlets. (CNN)”You can always spot a fool,” wrote Robert Harris, “for he is the man who will tell you he knows who is going to win an election.” In the first of his three masterly novels about the life of Cicero, Harris’ narrator explained that an election is “the most vigorously alive thing there is — with thousands upon thousands of brains and limbs and eyes and thoughts and desires … it will wriggle and turn and run off in directions no one ever predicted, sometimes just for the joy of proving the wiseacres wrong.” That is what happened in America this past week, as a left-for-dead candidacy not only sprang back to life, but positioned Joe Biden as the leader in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. No one predicted that Biden’s strong victory in South Carolina a week ago would position him to win 10 states, including Texas, Virginia, Minnesota and Massachusetts, let alone push four of his leading rivals out of the race. It was “one of the most… Read full this story
- POLITICO London Playbook: Trump and Kim — A meaningful vote — Reds under the bed
- Friday 13th
- 14 best luxury Easter eggs 2018
- Who was Jack Kielty, what happened to Patrick Kielty’s dad during the Troubles in Northern Ireland and when was he murdered?
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook: Parliament’s shame — En marche in Brussels — Pull up your socks
- Six Kiwi boxers in medal contention
- Sebastian Vettel takes Chinese Grand Prix pole for Ferrari, Lewis Hamilton only in fourth
- Newcastle move 13 points clear of bottom three with win over Arsenal
- The search for truth in the rubble of Douma – and one doctor’s doubts over the chemical attack
- Inside a US lobbyist’s deal with NZ
Trump's luck is being tested have 310 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.