Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of the infectious diseases unit at the National Institutes of Health, said on NBC’s Meet the Press (pictured) that after initial missteps distributing tests, there should be 400,000 more tests available by Monday and four million by the end of the week The nation’s top expert on coronavirus has warned Americans to brace for quarantines and avoid large crowds as the US death toll rose to 2s on Sunday with three new victims reported at a Washington state nursing home. Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of the infectious diseases unit at the National Institutes of Health, offered an update on the coronavirus crisis on cable news shows on Sunday. Fauci admitted that early attempts to send out coronavirus test kits were plagued by delays, but said that testing capacity is ‘accelerating dramatically’. ‘Early on, there were some missteps with regard to the test and some technical aspects to it,’ Fauci said on NBC’s Meet the Press. ‘But right now, I believe, 1.1 million tests have already been sent out. By Monday, there’ll be an additional 400,000. And by the end of next week, probably around four million.’ Fauci said ‘we’re getting a better sense’ of… Read full this story
- Light at the end of the tunnel? Dr. Fauci says one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be approved in TWO WEEKS - as COVID hospitalizations fall 10% in 24 states and new cases decline in 44 states
- The post-Holiday season COVID surge is SLOWING: COVID cases FALL in 44 states and death rates decline in 18 but Dr. Fauci says 'we have to prepare for the possibility COVID is here to stay'
- Covid hospitalizations plunge 10% in 24 states and cases decline nationwide as Fauci says one-shot vaccine is WEEKS away
- Dr Fauci warns South African 'super-covid' is the variant to worry about because it may make vaccines less effective and says it is not in the US yet - but admits efforts to find it have been lacking
- 'I believe it's doable': Dr. Fauci backs Biden's plan to administer 100M vaccine doses in 100 days as daily death toll hits 3,258 and president-elect says he will use FEMA and the National Guard to 'jumpstart' efforts to inoculate people
- Covid hospitalizations hit new record high of 125,544 as Dr Fauci blasts ‘terrible’ spike caused by Christmas meet-ups
- Fauci says goal of 100 million COVID-19 vaccine shots in 100 days "is a floor, not a ceiling"
- Jobless claims rise to nearly 1 million in the second week of 2021 with the biggest increase in new applicants since the start of the outbreak amid fresh layoffs due to pandemic restrictions as COVID-19 cases soar
- State-by-state breakdown of COVID cases, deaths and vaccine rollout: 100,000 Americans are expected to die in next month but cases and hospitalizations ARE slowing across some states - as Fauci says plan to vaccinate 100m in 100 days 'will work'
- REVEALED: One American died from COVID every 33 seconds last week as 2020 becomes deadliest year in US history with death toll of more than THREE MILLION expected by end of December
Top coronavirus expert Dr Fauci says four million tests should be available by end of week, before warning Americans to avoid crowds and brace for quarantines as number of infected hits 554 across 33 states have 493 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.