BEIJING: Tesla Inc has advertised for solar and energy storage project managers in China, as the U.S. electric vehicle maker moves to expand its energy business into the country. The two posts on the Tesla human resources department’s official WeChat account mark the first time the California-based automaker has looked to hire for such roles in China. Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Its billionaire chief executive Elon Musk said on Twitter last month the firm would “soon” announce timings for solar projects in China and Europe, without providing more details.One post says Tesla is seeking project managers to design and execute solar projects for commercial or residential customers, while a second seeks managers to develop photovoltaic energy storage projects. The roles are advertised as based at its $2 billion factory in Shanghai, which started delivering China-made Model 3 electric sedans at the end of last year.Tesla moved into the solar business in 2016 with its $2.6 billion purchase of California-based SolarCity, and has said it is keen to develop its energy business. Its solar services include Solar Roof, a power generating system meant to look like normal roof tiles, and Powerwall, which can store power generated… Read full this story
- Singapore considers solar energy imports to cut emissions
- The solar industry was poised for a strong year, but now demand is plummeting
- Work to begin on Hinkley Point reactor within weeks after China deal signed
- UPDATE 1-Poland's PGE to scrap non-core business projects to cut costs
- Why the US Solar Industry Doesn't Want Government Protection
- Northern Territory's high proportion of renters stand in the way of hitting renewable energy targets
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-India may give reprieve to solar projects delayed by coronavirus fallout
- Investing: does solar offer a bright future … or burned fingers?
- One-to-one solar feed-in tariff scrapped, battery subsidies announced in NT renewables changes
- Huge U.S. solar project permit delayed over impact on historic trail
Tesla advertises for solar, energy storage project managers in China have 312 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.