Asia News Taiwan official invites U.S. reporters expelled by China The Saigon Times Saturday, Mar 28, 2020,16:54 (GMT+7) Taiwan official invites U.S. reporters expelled by ChinaThe Saigon Times Taiwan’s Foreign Affairs leader Joseph Wu speaks during an interview in Taipei, Taiwan November 6, 2019 – PHOTO: REUTERS TAIPEI (REUTERS) – Taiwan’s top Foreign Affairs leader Joseph Wu extended a personal invitation on Saturday for three major U.S. newspapers to station on the island their China-based journalists whose expulsion Beijing has announced. China said on March 18 it was revoking the press accreditations of all American journalists in the China bureaus of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post, which were due to expire at the end of 2020. Beijing also said those affected would not be allowed to work as journalists in the Chinese-run city of Hong Kong. In the past, foreign journalists kicked out of, or barred from, mainland China were allowed to work in Hong Kong. “As @nytimes, @WSJ & @washingtonpost face intensifying hostility in China, I’d like to welcome you to be stationed in Taiwan,” Wu wrote on Twitter. “Yes! You’ll find people here greeting you with open arms & lots of genuine smiles.” Taiwan is home to… Read full this story
- Officials question report of virus spreading before symptoms
- 1st Coronavirus Death Reported Outside China
- China lodges solemn representations to U.S. on Taiwan official visit: FM
- Stop the hype over Taiwan at the WHO, angry China tells U.S.
- World still has a 'window of opportunity' to halt the spread of coronavirus because 'only 176' cases have been reported outside China say health chiefs
- China’s Cybersecurity Law a ‘Loaded Weapon’, Senior US Official Says - Report
- First American death due to coronavirus reported in China
- Second nCoV death reported outside China
- China refutes U.S. official's claims of China "stealing Africa's genomic data"
- AU officials say coordinating with China on novel coronavirus outbreak
Taiwan official invites U.S. reporters expelled by China have 315 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.