NEW DELHI: The price of subsidised cooking gas (LPG) has been hiked by Rs 35.55 per cylinder in the last five months, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Wednesday. As per government policy, LPG all over the country is available only at market price. However, households are entitled to buying 12 cylinders of 14.2-kg each at a subsidised rate in a year. The government transfers the subsidy amount directly into the bank accounts which the beneficiaries use to buy LPG at the market price. The subsidised LPG price has gone up by Rs 35.55 per cylinder since October. In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Pradhan said domestic subsidised LPG in Delhi was priced at Rs 538.95 per cylinder on October 1, 2019, and this month it costs Rs 574.50. He did not give any reason for the price increase. While non-subsidised or market priced LPG has varied from month to month based on benchmark international rates, subsidised LPG prices have been raised every month by Rs 4 per cylinder plus taxes. These rates, however, are no longer published by the oil market companies. To the question of whether state-owned oil marketing companies had stopped publishing… Read full this story
- Drug prices still rising, relief unlikely
- Internet TV catching up to cable — on price
- Construction will narrow Idaho 55 to one lane this summer. Here’s how long it will last.
- Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana Reports Results of Operations for the Three and Nine Months Ended March 31, 2019
- Reports: Condo, single-family home prices break records in Mass.
- Torey Krug wants to remain a Bruin — at the right price
- Springs home prices continue to climb
- The U.S. Silica Holdings (NYSE:SLCA) Share Price Is Down 82% So Some Shareholders Are Rather Upset
- How tariff hikes are squeezing the U.S. furniture business
- The MBTA has raised its fares. Here are the new prices.
Subsidised LPG price hiked by Rs 35.55 in 5 months: Dharmendra Pradhan have 302 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.