Setting out the grim economic outlook worldwide, Heng Swee Keat says the global economy is now facing both supply and demand shocks. (Photo: GOV.SG) Singapore (VNA) – Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Heng Swee Keat on March 26 announced the government’s supplementary budget worth 48.4 billion SGD (33.7 billion USD) to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. The second stimulus package, called “Resilience Budget”, would raise Singapore’s COVID-19 support package to nearly 55 billion SGD (38.4 billion USD), or 11 percent of its GDP. The package will focuses on three areas: saving jobs, supporting workers and protecting livelihoods; helping enterprises overcome immediate challenges; and strengthening economic and social resilience. The Singaporean government said it would draw up to 17 billion SGD from its reserves to fund the part of the package. There will be more support for self-employed workers, help for fresh graduates and the unemployed to find jobs and more benefits for the unemployed. Adult Singaporeans, who were to get a 100-300 SGD cash payout, will now get up to 900 SGD. Industries that have been badly hit by the COVID-19 crisis, in particular aviation and tourism, will also get more support./. VNA
- Timeshare Board Members Association (TBMA) Announces Orlando 2020 Conference, May 17-19, 2020
- Maren Morris Announces Second Nashville Show at Ascend Amphitheater
- Another Republican Blocked Billions in Disaster Aid in What a Top Democrat Described as a 'Tantrum'
- New York Times: White House predicted congressional pushback for holding Ukraine aid
- Boris Johnson is being urged to overhaul Britain's foreign aid system after it emerged £151million was sent to China and India last year, even though they are both rich enough to fund their own space programmes
- Singapore economy grew just 0.7 pct in 2019: government
- Government’s secret post-Brexit plan must rule out the Singapore model
- 'Radiation levels at 40,000 feet were 100 TIMES higher than in central London': EVE SIMMONS flies 10,000 miles and for almost 19 hours on the world's longest plane journey to discover why you feel so dreadful after a long-haul flight
- Traveloka & STB encourages tourists to discover unexpected experiences in Singapore
- 58 GOP lawmakers vote against disaster aid bill
Singapore announces second aid package to cope with COVID-19 have 337 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.