Veteran radio DJ Pete Mitchell has died suddenly aged 61. The Manchester-born BBC and Virgin Radio presenter’s sad death was announced today. A statement from family friend Jo Houlcroft said: “It is with incredible sadness that I have to report the sad passing of Virgin Radio presenter, Pete Mitchell, who died very suddenly on Thursday 12th March aged 61. “Pete collapsed whilst out walking near his home in Stockport, the cause of his death is still unknown but he was not thought to be displaying any signs of illness. “Pete was a veteran broadcaster, whose career in radio spanned thirty four years. “He was knowledgeable and passionate about music of all genres, discovering and supporting many bands and was a huge part of the Manchester music scene. “His wife Helen and two grown up sons Adam and Sean are devastated by their loss. His family have asked for privacy at this very difficult time.” A tweet from the official BBC Radio 2 account said: “We are saddened to hear of the passing of the much respected music radio presenter Pete Mitchell, who has worked on both BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music. “Our thoughts today are with Pete’s friends and… Read full this story
- BBC Radio veteran Richard Cartridge dies 'from short illness' aged 72 - just weeks after leaving job of 46 years
- BBC Radio Wales broadcaster Chris Needs dies aged 66
- 'My dearest friend': Mick Fleetwood declares Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green 'blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy' as he dies aged 73
- BBC Radio Wales DJ Chris Needs funeral held after his death aged 66
- Maurice Roëves dead: Doctor Who actor dies aged 83 as tributes flood in for EastEnders star
- BBC insiders condemn bosses for 'walking into an unnecessary and absurd row' as ex-chairman Michael Grade condemns 'idiotic' and 'ghastly' censorship of 'racist' Last Night of the Proms anthems
- BBC Songs of Praise producer compares Rule Britannia to Nazis singing about how they 'will never be forced into a gas chamber'
- Songs of Joni Mitchell: Notable Country Covers by Dolly Parton, Wynonna
- BBC to drop words ‘television’ and ‘radio’ in attempt to appeal to a younger audience
- Nine Dead At Pearl Jam Concert
Pete Mitchell dead: BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music presenter dies aged 61 have 359 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.