Home Two wheelers oi-Punith Bharadwaj By Punith Bharadwaj Updated: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:55 [IST] Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) plans to launch their locally manufactured mid-weight motorcycles in India soon. The company aims to localize the manufacturing of its 500cc motorcycles to price it competitively over its rivals. Honda has an exhaustive line-up of 500cc motorcycles that include the CB500X adventure tourer, CMX500 Rebel cruiser motorcycle, CBR500R fully-faired mid-weight sports bike, and the CB500F naked motorcycle. With the introduction of 500cc motorcycles to the Indian market, Honda aims to fill the gap between the CB300R and the CBR650R in its current line-up of premium motorcycles in the country. Honda imports and sells the CBR1000RR Fireblade, the CB1000R, the Goldwing, and the Forza via the CBU route, and the CB300R, CBR650R, and Africa Twin come as completely knocked down units (CKD). The company now plans to produce a few premium motorcycles using locally sourced components. The CKD and CBU motorcycles attract substantial taxes as compared to the domestically manufactured motorcycles. Manufacturing in India will help the company aggressively price their premium motorcycles. While Honda has not revealed which locally manufactured bike will be launched first, they have confirmed that… Read full this story
- Skoda Superb Facelift Expected India Launch On April 28: Will Rival Toyota Camry
- Spy Pics: Honda Jazz BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV India Launch Plans Postponed Indefinitely
- Hyundai i30 Spied Testing In India Yet Again: India Launch Possible?
- Audi e-Tron India Launch Delayed Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Aprilia SXR Scooters India Launch Delayed: Pushed To September Due To COVID-19 Outbreak
- Audi RS Q8 India Launch Under Consideration: Will Rival The Lamborghini Urus
- Bajaj-KTM Partnership Working On Electric Scooters: India Launch Expected Soon
- Next-Gen Hyundai i20 India Launch Scheduled For September
- Mercedes Benz GLS Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The BMW X7
Honda 500cc Motorcycles Local Manufacturing To Start Soon In India Launch By 2021 have 312 words, post on www.drivespark.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.